Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Templates make me queasy

I've had blogs before. I know how they work. And I have a love-hate relationship with them. Other people seemed to like them just fine (in fact, I made many a friend in the olden times of MSN Spaces - there is no shudder turbulent enough, I know - which I still remain on close terms with) but ultimately it wasn't unlike being a seal sitting on a rock in a zoo, clapping my flippers in the hopes that somebody would throw me a fish.

Having said this, there just has to be somewhere for me to relate anecdotes regarding some of the more foolish people in the college course I'm currently serving the first of three (or something) years of.

Ever seen the film "Art School Confidential"? Or read the brief Daniel Clowes comic that it was based on? Both manage to accurately and hilariously categorize art school students ("the suck-up", "Mom", "Mr. Phantasy", "the macho art sadist", etc.) and, one of my college prospects actually being an art school, I was living in fear. But when I instead managed to get into writing class, the fear disappeared.

Until the very first class.

My god, Mr. Clowes knows what he's talking about. Sadly, "Art School Confidential" not only applies to art school students, but also aspiring writers! Who'd'a thunk it? Not me, that's for sure.

I've been a member of the class for three days, and I've already seen and heard so many asinine and/or just plain stupid comments that, well, I feel the urge to share them.

So sit back and watch me bitch my little brains out.

No comments: